I’m not quite as early in setting this up as last time, but still well ahead of the initial pool. We are of course hoping that Little One stays inside a good bit longer, as his due date is August 7, but Janet’s feeling b-i-g and everyone who sees her seems surprised that she still has nearly two months to go. You can participate as before by commenting with your prediction of Little One’s birth date, time, size, weight, and gender (unknown to us as well). Whoever gets closest to the truth will be crowned the grand winner and will receive an as of yet undecided prize. I think the past winners have since received something that starts with “ch” and rhymes with “shock lit.”
Rules for determining the grand winner:
1. If you get the gender right, you receive 0 points; if you get it wrong, or don’t state it, -5 points.
2. For every day you are off, -1 point. Not stating day or time scores -5 points.
3. For every centimeter you are off, -1 point. Not stating anything scores -5 points.
4. For every 200 grams you are off, -1 point. Not stating anything scores -5 points.
5. The person with the highest total wins.
6. Entering after Little One’s arrival voids the entry.
Go to digitaldutch for a useful unit conversion link, or have a look at the Google spreadsheet I made for converting weights!
And here’s Janet at week 30: